Snocoming Fire vs. Ice Day

PULLING IN PINK

Competing against the sophomores, Ninth Grader Joseph “Joey” Gendreau wears his pink bandana, symbolizing that he was nominated for Snocoming Royalty. “I was feeling as Coolio as Julio- that’s a joke that my friends and I have,” said Gendreau. The freshmen dragged all of the sophomores on the other end of the rope.

FOBBE FACES THE ENEMY

At the front of his side of the rope, Seventh Grader Brayden Fobbe readies himself to tug. “I was thinking about winning, but the next thing I knew was that we were being pulled,” said Fobbe. The seventh grade was defeated by the eighth graders in a matter of seconds. 

CROWNING WAS A “BALL”

As the crowd cheers, Eighth Grader Abigail Torblaa (left) stands in shock when the student council member placed the ball in her hands. “Everyone was chanting my name and I was super surprised when I saw that I had the ball,” said Torblaa. The other eighth grade nominees were Danica Hagman and Alicia Goelz.

HENNEN BRINGS THE HEAT

Dressing up for the featured spirit days, Seventh Grader Kalli Hennen is seen in her Hawaiin apparel for Fire vs Ice Day. “I found the materials in an old bin of costumes,” said Hennen. “A lot of people thought I was crazy for dressing up, but I thought it was very fun.” Her costume included a grass skirt and a lei.