Irish Outlook

Running Rampant

Molly Erickson, Writer

Running Rampant

Running through the hills, boys CC improves

“If I had to use one word to describe the season it would be, surprising. Last year we had lost a lot of our boys, so I thought we would be weaker this year. A lot of new kids were added to our team, helping them out greatly,” said Coach Ben Youngs.

Also shocked about the season, Junior Jeffery Hendrickson said, “I surprised myself this year at how well it went. I never thought I could run as well as I did.”

Hendrickson joined three weeks into the season. His regular season’s best time was 17.25, making him the number two varsity runner.

The top varsity runner Senior Michael Miller said, “My best race was our home meet where I ran a 16.50. From that race on our team has vastly improved as we have seen many of our team members reaching peaks towards the end of the year as well as achieving new personal records.”

Throughout the season many boys had reached faster race results. With only three weeks left of the season, Litchfield was the place to be for a faster time.

Agreeing that Litchfield was a good course Junior Peyton Paumen said, “Litchfield was my favorite course. It was an easy race with no hills making it a faster pace.”

In Litchfield, six out of seven boys had improved their times. At the conference meet in Dassel Cokato five out of seven varsity boys had improved their times, finishing the regular season fifth overall.