Irish Outlook

Making a Splash

Kelsey Pribyl, Writer

Making a Splash

Successful Swimming Season

Maple Lake had two girls on the Buffalo Maple Lake Bison varsity girls swim and dive team. The two are Trinity Geyen, who is a swimmer, and JuliAnna Hageman, who is a diver. Hageman contributed by diving. “I have really grown to like diving. My favorite dive is a forward one and a half pike because I feel that it just comes naturally,” said Hageman.

This was Hageman’s first year diving, however, Trinity is a seasoned swimmer. Sophomore Trinity Geyen aims for a new personal best in the 50 meter freestyle swim. “Right now my personal best is 27:23 seconds, but my goal is 27:19 so I can letter,” said Geyen.

Since it was JuliAnna Hageman’s first year diving, it also was her first year competing alongside another school. “I feel that it is just like competing here, but with people I barely know, but I am getting to know them and become good friends with them,” said Hageman.

Trying new things can lead to exciting new adventures with new people and making new friends. Along with the new adventures come with new accomplishments. The swim and dive team accomplished many of their goals. They did that by doing so well at True Team sections. Then by going on to True Team State and they took ninth overall at state.