Irish Outlook

Pride Until the End

Brandon Schmitz, Writer

Pride Until the End

JV football ends their season

The Bronco squad had a fantastic season ending at 6-2, which is the best it has been in a few years. Sophomore Charlie Berndt said, “Knowing what to do on defense and studying our plays helped us be great as we were this year.”

The Broncos beat the Paynesville Bulldogs by one point in their first game of the season which shocked a lot of guys, due to the fact that all of Paynesvilles teams have always been so good. Sophomore Jake Beneke said, “Playing against the varsity players in practice really improves our skills, and really helps us find out what we’re capable of and we showed them by winning against the Bulldogs.”

Talking to many of the JV players on their first game against the Bulldogs, many of them had doubts. Sophomore Logan Carlson said, “Upon our first game against the Bulldogs our team had doubts of winning because we knew they were a good team last year, but after winning against them that gave us courage for the rest of the season.”

As the season went on the Broncos practiced four days a week. “At practices we like to go at it a lot. There’s not a whole lot of fighting, but we chirp at our teammates to get in there heads, and that gets them a little flustered, but all of us guys are brothers and we live up to the brotherhood name,” said Berndt.

After a phenomenal season, some players still weren’t happy about the two losses they took. “We had big mistakes for big losses, and those are the big plays that cannot happen,” said Beneke.

Ending the season 6-2 the Broncos did a fantastic job and should not hang their heads about this season.