Filed under Carousel, Showcase

Staying in Spain

Students immersed in new culture while in Spain!

Forty-one people traveled for two weeks in a new country with seven locations to experience Spanish life. “I liked the Spanish lifestyle, I didn’t find it hard to adjust to when I was there, but coming back was a different story,” said Senior Brady Tongen.

Despite coming home to their family in America, students had the chance to stay with a Spanish family for five days during the trip. “My family was awesome and I learned a lot of Spanish from them. The best thing I did with them was go to a Valladolid Basketball Championship game,” said Senior Kenzi Miller.

Along with a fun Spanish family, students were able to eat new food they never dreamed of trying. “I thought the food was great because it was fresh and rich. It made me feel more full for a lot less food. Also, the best thing I ate was churros with chocolate,” said Senior Joshua Medley.

In addition with different foods, students visited many new sites and locations. “My favorite place was the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona because Gaudi put a lot of time and effort into designing it. The fact that it’s not completed yet is pretty neat because other architects get to put their own style into it,” said Senior Danni Klimek.

New places means new memories that the students with cherish forever. “My favorite memory was visiting the Plaza Mayor. I liked seeing the street performers and all the art they had there, like the paintings,” said Junior Kaleigh Beehler.

Within seven locations memories were made, new food was eaten and historical places were seen with new eyes. Students immersed in a different culture and enjoyed the time they had to explore the country of Spain!