Irish Outlook

Midnight Dreary

One Act program struggles to get competition site

The One Act Competition has always been a way for those who participate in drama to showcase their acting prowess to a much wider audience. This year’s program is running into all sorts of trouble.  The local school districts are struggling to find a host for the section competition. “It’s really nerve racking not knowing if we’ll even compete. Especially with such a great team,” said Senior Actress Larissa Laudert. The actors will remain hopeful.

The team isn’t letting this affect their spirits. They continue to rehearse and prepare just like everything is normal. “We have a lot of new people, which makes it really fun,” said returning actress Danni Klimek. Many of the actors and actresses are still very hopeful that a nearby school will host the section meet.

All of this dedication and hard work may pay off. Senior Actor Ben Triplett said, “There is talk that Howard Lake might host and we’ll be able to perform after all.” This news would really boost the morale of the team.

With One Act team’s hopes of competing very alive, everyone on the team is preparing for a grand performance. The team firmly believes with the blend of new and veteran talents, they could not only win their section, but take it even further.